BioM: Gassen, Anna Belle (1941)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Gassen, Baur, Biegler
----Sources: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) Thurs., 27 Nov. 1941
Gassen, Anna Belle (Marriage - 19 Nov. 1941)
Miss Anna Belle Gassen, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Carl Gassen, Neillsville, and Private Ralph Bauer, son of Mrs. Frank Bauer, Medford, were united in marriage on Wednesday, Nov. 19, at 8:30 a.m. at St. Mary’s Catholic Church, Father J. A. Biegler officiating. The single ring ceremony was used.
Mary Ellen Gassen, Neillsville, sister of the bride, and Jack Bauer, Medford, the groom’s brother, attended the couple.
The bride was attired in a street length dress of gold silk with brown velvet trim and matching accessories of brown and gold. Her flowers were a combination of brown, yellow and gold baby pompons. Her attendants wore a gown of beige wool crepe with brown accessories, her flowers being brown and gold pompons.
The mothers of the bride and groom wore black velvet with black accessories, respectively.
A wedding breakfast was served at the Merchants Hotel, there being eighteen immediate relatives present. The table was decorated in pink and white, lighted tapers and a wedding cake being the outstanding features. At the reception, which was held at the Gassen home that afternoon, Miss Mary Ellen Bauer, sister of the groom, sang, "Ave Maria."
The bride was graduated from Neillsville High School in 1939. For some time she has been employed as a clerk at Schulz Bros. Store. The groom is a graduate of the Medford High School, completing his course with the class of 1938. Previous to entering the army he clerked in a store. He has been stationed at Camp Davis, North Carolina, for the past six months, returning to camp the later part of the week. The bride will continue to make her home in Neillsville, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs