BioM: Voelker, Vila (1945)
Surnames: VOELKER, OLSON, STEINKE, TABAT, CARLSON
----Sources: Marathon County Register (Unity, Clark Co. Wis.) Friday, 01/04/1946
Vila Voleker (Marriage - 29 DEC 1945)
Vila Voelker Wed To Bartlett A. Olson
At the Trinity Lutheran church in Unity on Dec. 29, at 4:00 o’clock p.m. occurred the marriage of Vila Voelker of Milwaukee, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John Voelker of Marshfield, and Bartlett A. Olson of Milwaukee, son of Rev. and Mrs. J. A. Olson of Unity. Rev. Olson had charge of the marriage ceremony for his son.
The bride was gowned in white satin, the waist covered with embroidered net; fingertip illusion veil, with white plumes for a head-piece. Her flowers were white mums. The attendants were Miss Sylvia Voelker, Mrs. Marvin Steinke, Miss Rita Tabat; Marvin Steinke, Delmar Carlson and Paul Olson. The maid of honor wore a forest green taffeta dress and the two bridesmaids wore gold taffeta dresses with plumes in their hair to match dresses. They carried bouquets of mixed flowers. The bride’s mother was gowned in a black dress with collar and a corsage of mixed flowers. The mother of the groom wore an acqua wool dress and her corsage was of mixed flowers. Mrs. Walter Wieland played the wedding march and the church choir sang Oh Perfect Love. A duet, I Love You Truly, was rendered by Mrs. Alfred Johnson and Mrs. Henry Binning.
Following the ceremony a reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents, thirty guests being present. The home was decorated with gold, green, and white streamers. During the church ceremony baskets of mixed flowers, lighted candles, and the Christmas tree was lighted, making a very beautiful setting for the impressive service. The newly married couple took a short trip to southern Wisconsin, and will make their home in Milwaukee after Jan. 5. Congratulations are extended.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs