BioM: St. German,
Surnames: DECKER, ST. GERMAN, YOTTS
----Sources: WEEKLY CLARION (Dorchester, Clark Co., WI) 08/22/1930
St. German, Ursula (12 AUG 1930)
A very pretty wedding took place Tuesday morning, Aug. 12th, 1930, at 9 o’clock at St. Frederick’s Catholic Church in Cudahy, when Ursula St. German, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. E. St. German, became the bride of Theodore Decker, son of Mr. and Mrs. Nick Decker of this village (Dorchester, Clark Co., Wis.)
The bride was charmingly gowned in white satin, trimmed with lace, wore white slippers, her tulle veil draped in cap effect was caught at the back with a band of pearls and she carried a lovely shower bouquet of white roses and baby’s breath.
Miss Ann Decker, sister of the groom, was maid of honor, and wore a gown of pale green net, the skirt being long and full. The waistline was marked by a narrow band of satin ribbon with a bow at the right side and her slippers were green moiré silk. Miss Dorothy St. German, sister of the bride, as bridesmaid, was gowned in pale pink net fashioned like that of the maid of honor and slippers of pink moiré silk; both wore picture hats to match their costumes and carried bouquets of pink roses and baby’s breath.
Henry Yotts, a cousin of the bride, acted as best man.
The bride was given away by her father and when the bridal party walked down the aisle, it was a lovely sight, not soon forgotten, the ladies in their shimmering gowns and the gentlemen in full dress suits.
After a brief honeymoon the newlyweds will make their home in Cudahy.
The bride is a stranger to our Dorchester readers but we are sure she’s pretty fine to pick as fine a partner for life as Ted, for those of us who know him, know that she’s picked of the best and we join all the friends from Dorchester in offering our hearties congratulations.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs