BioM: Van Horn,
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Van Horn, Esser, Sheridan, Michels
----Sources: Humbird Enterprise (Humbird, Wis.) 3 July 1937
Van Horn, Vivian (Marriage - 24 June 1937)
Miss Vivian Van Horn, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Harmon Van Horn, became the happy bride of Robert Esser, of Alma Center, at St. Joseph’s church, Fairview, at 9:30 o’clock Thursday morning, June 24, 1937. Rev. James Sheridan was the celebrant of the nuptial high mass at which the double ring ceremony was used.
The bride was attired in a white satin dress cut on princess lines with a trailing veil fashioned after the present queen of England’s coronation veil. The bride’s maid, Miss Helen Michels, cousin of the groom, was becomingly gowned in yellow organdy; and the maid of honor, Miss Ruth Esser, sister of the groom, was prettily attired in a green cord lace gown. Each young lady carried a beautiful bouquet of green flowers and wore a head band of rhinestones.
The groom and his attendants, George Michels, cousins of the groom, and Leo Esser, brother of the groom, wore the usual dark suits and wore bouquets of yellow roses.
Giles, brother of the groom, was ring bearer, and Corrine, sister of the bride, was flower girl. Both were dressed in white.
The bride’s home was decorated with yellow and white, and was the scene of a fine dinner at which about seventy-five guests were served. In the evening a fine crowd attended the wedding dance at the Lakeshore pavilion at Hixton.
The happy couple intends to make a short tour of northern Wisconsin and Canada, and on their return will engage in business in Alma Center.
The bride and groom are both graduates of the Alma Center High School. Both have had employment in and near Alma Center, and have a wide circle of friends who join in wishing them much success and happiness.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs