Anna Barbara (1859 - 1940)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Gillett, Muhmenthaler, Schneller, Barr, Weidler, Blang, Almquist, Kious
----Sources: Humbird Enterprise (Humbird, Wis.) Sat., 11 May 1940
Gillett, Anna Barbara (7 Jan. 1859 - 4 May 1940)
Anna Barbara Muhmenthaler was born in Germany, Jan. 7, 1859. She grew to young womanhood at the place of her birth, and came to the United States when in her twentieth year, in 1879. On Dec. 30, 1883, she was united in marriage with Mr. Lutzi Schneller, at Fountain City, Wis. They made their home in Winona for four years, and then moved to Neillsville and lived there for a number of years. In the year 1896 they moved to a farm east of Humbird.
To this union ten children were born, three whom preceded the mother in death. Her husband passed away in 1898.
In 1912, Mrs. Schneller was united in marriage with Mr. Webster A. Gillett. They made their home at Richmond and Waynesville, Mo., until his death Nov. 10, 1936. Mrs. Gillett, who was then in very feeble health, was brought to Humbird, and has since been cared for by her daughter, Mrs. Fred Barr, at whose home she passed away May 4, 1940, having attained the age of 81 years, 3 months and 27 days. The late years of her life she was an invalid.
Mrs. Gillett was a member of the German Evangelical denomination, and burial services were held at St. John’s Church Monday afternoon, May 6th, the Rev. D. Weidler officiating. Burial was in Mentor Cemetery.
Surviving their mother are four daughters and three sons: Luzi Schneller, Two Rivers; Mrs. Nick (Ella) Blang, Fairchild; Mrs. John (Emma) Almquist, Lewis; Mrs. Fred (Frieda) Barr, Humbird; Oswald Schneller, in Mexico; Oscar, Los Angeles; Mrs. John (Martha) Kious, Tulsa, Okla. There are also surviving her sixteen grandchildren and six great-grandchildren, and two nieces.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs