Lillian #2 (1940)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Trachsel, Klassy, Bixler, Michael, Anderson
----Sources: Humbird Enterprise (Humbird, Wis.) Sat., 5 Oct. 1940
Trachsel, Lillian (Marriage - 28 Sept. 1940)
A simple but impressive wedding ceremony took place in the Evangelical and Reformed Church on Saturday, Sept. 28th, at 2:00 o’clock in the afternoon, when Miss Lillian Trachsel and Mr. Virgil Klassy exchanged marriage vows. The double ring ceremony was used, with Rev. Wilson Bixler, of Neillsville, officiating. Only the immediate families and relatives were in attendance.
The bride was attractively gowned in a mustard beige ensemble with brown hat and accessories, and wore a corsage of autumn flowers. Her only attendant was her sister, Miss Martha Trachsel, who was dress in harmonizing shades of brown with accessories to match, wearing a corsage similar to that of the bride.
The groom was attended by Howard Pierce, of Humbird. Both the groom and best man wore dark suits.
A seven o’clock dinner was served at the farm home of the bride’s brother and sister-in-law, Mr. and Mrs. Fred Trachsel, to the bridal party and the immediate family.
Mrs. Klassy is one of the well-known young ladies of our community, having spent most of her girlhood in our midst. She is the youngest daughter of Mrs. J. Trachsel, and a graduate of Humbird High School with the Class of 1938. The groom is an alumnus of New Glarus High school.
The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Klassy, of New Glarus, who with another son, Norman, also were guests at the wedding.
Mr. and Mrs. Klassy left at once for their new home in New Glasrus, where the groom is employed, and where they are now at home to their many friends.
A pre-nuptial event was a shower given to the bride-to-be in the social rooms of the Reformed Church, with Mrs. John Michael and Mrs. G. H. Anderson as hostesses.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs