Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: RUETH ELSINGER
----Sources: The Loyal Tribune 01 December 1938
Rueth, Marian (30 NOV 1938)
A marriage of wide interest was solemnized at St. Anthony’s Catholic church Wednesday morning at eight o’clock when Miss Marian Rueth, youngest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Rueth, became the bride of John Elsinger, Jr., son of Mr. and Mrs. John Elsinger, Sr. The Rev. Aloys Zinthefer performed the double ring ceremony and Nuptial High Mass, at which a large crowd attended.
The bride wore a floor length dress of white satin trimmed in lace and designed with tiny buttons down the back, and long sleeves tapering to a point over the hand. Her finger tip veil fell into soft folds from a cap effect headdress, trimmed in seed pearls and calla lilies. She carried a bouquet of Johanna hill roses and white chrysanthemums.
Miss Mary Ann Elsinger, sister of the groom acted as bride’s maid and wore a floor length gown of Turquoise blue taffeta, with silver headband and slippers. Her bouquet consisted of white and yellow chrysanthemums.
The groom wore an oxford grey suit. He was attended by the bride’s brother, Franklin Rueth who also wore a dark suit.
Blue and white streamers and white bells decorated the home of the bride’s parents for the reception dinner and supper. Covers were laid for twenty-five. A large decorated wedding cake occupied the center of the table.
Out of town guests included Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Elsinger and son Franklin of Guttenberg, Iowa; Mr. Lawrence Elsinger and Peter and Francis Ginsbach of Dell Rapids, S. Dakota.
In the evening a wedding dance was held at the Silver Dome ballroom, at which a large number of people were present.
Mr. and Mrs. Elsinger need no introduction in Loyal. The bride was employed for the past two and one half years as a clerk in the loyal Farmers Exchange store. The groom’s occupation is farming. - Cor.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs