Surnames: ZEMSKI MULLINS SZYMCZAK DALSKE WIMMER
----Sources: Marathon County Register (Unity, Clark Co. Wis.) 09/22/1944
Zemski, Marie (Marriage - 9 Sept. 1944)
Before the altar of Sacred Heart Catholic church in the town of Cassel, which was decorated with baskets of lavender astens and white gladioli Saturday, Sept. 9, Miss Marie Zemski, daughter of Stephen Zemski of town of Marathon, was united in marriage with Charles Mullins of town of Brighton, son of Mr. and Mrs. Melvin Mullins of Edgar. The Rev. Stanislaus Szymczak officiated, using the double ring ceremony. The bride who was escorted to the altar by her father, wore an entrained gown of slipper satin and net. The satin bodice had a heart shaped neckline embroidered with rhinestones and pearls and sleeves that tapered to points over the wrists. The full net skirt was decorated with sprays of satin appliqué. Her long silk illusion veil, edged with triple rows of aleneon lace, was caught to a tiara of rhinestones and seed pearls. She wore a pearl necklace, a gift of the bridegroom, and carried a shower bouquet of white lilies, asters, pink roses and white pompons. Miss Marion Dalske and Miss Bernice Wimmer, both of Marathon, who attended the bride as bridesmaids, wore dresses very similar to the bride’s, in orchid satin and net. Sweetheart bonnets of matching net completed their attire. The maid of honor, Miss Mary Mullins of Edgar, a sister of the bridegroom, was attired in an identical gown and bonnet in nile green. The three wore gold crosses, gifts of the bride, and carried sheafs of gladioli, asters and pompons, tied with satin ribbon the color of their gowns. Jack Mullins of Edgar, brother of the bridegroom, and Joseph Zemski, brother of the bride, were groomsmen.
The couple spent a few days honeymoon in the southern part of the state and are now at home to friends near Unity.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs