Charlotte (1869 - 1935)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Miller, Parmer, Metcalf, Baumgartner, Fahlgren, Ross
----Sources: Humbird Enterprise (Humbird, Clark County, Wis.) Sat., 14 Sept. 1935
Miller, Charlotte (16 March 1869 - 4 Sept. 1935)
Charlotte Parmer, daughter of Mason and Ellen Parmer, was born in the town of Cadiz, near Browntown, Wisconsin, on March 16, 1869, and died at her home east of Humbird, Sept. 1935, at the age of 66 years, 5 months and 19 days.
She grew to womanhood near Browntown, and on Oct. 26, 1893, she was united in marriage with Herman J. Miller, of Jordan Center, Wis. Their early married life was spent in the southern Wisconsin, four years on a farm near Argyle, one year in Green County, and fourteen years on a farm near South Wayne. In March, 1915, they moved with their family of five children to the farm east of Humbird.
Mrs. Miller has been in failing health for several years with heart trouble. She was a good neighbor, and kind wife and mother, and always a willing worker. During her long illness she was most patient and appreciates of everything that was done for her.
She leaves to mourn her husband, and five children, Clarence of South Wayne, Mrs. Grace Metcalf, of Osseo, Mrs. Hattie Baumgartner, of Eau Claire, and Miss Fayme and Roy at home; also six brothers, six sisters and seven grandchildren.
The funeral was held at the M. E. Church last Saturday afternoon, being attended by many neighbors and friends. Rev. F. A. Fahlgren preached the burial sermon, and interment was in Mentor Cemetery.
Relatives from away coming to attend the last rites were her daughter Miss Fayme, who was in New York state; Mr. and Mrs. J. Baumgartner, of Eau Claire; C. L. Miller and family, South Wayne; Eli Metcalf and family, Osseo; Mrs. Addie Ross, Browntown; Mason Ross, Darlington; Guy Parmer, of Black Earth.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs