Lauretta M. (1933)
Surnames: WICHSER SCHULTZ ZEIS LINDQUIST
----Sources: WEEKLY CLARION (Dorchester, Clark Co., WI) 07/07/1933
Wichser, Lauretta M. (23 JUN 1933)
A pretty wedding ceremony took place Friday noon, June 23, 1933, at Osceola when Miss Lauretta M. Wichser, daughter of Mrs. Nicholas Wichser, Osceola, became the bride of Graydon N. Schultz, son of Mr. and Mrs. G.N. Schultz, Ripon. The ceremony, which took place at the home of the bride’s mother at high noon, was performed by Rev. Heywood of the First Baptist Church with immediate families of the bridal couple attending.
The vows were spoken in the living room against a background of cybotium ferns, pink roses, delphinium and garden flowers. During the ceremony the bride’s sister, Mrs. J.N. Riddle, sang "I Love You Truly", accompanied by the groom’s sister, Miss Lenore Schultz, who also played the Wagner and Mendelssohn wedding march.
The bride wore a gown of shell pink and mousseline de soie over taffeta with hat and gloves to match, and a corsage of pink rosebuds, delphinium and baby’s breath. The groom’s gift was a pink sapphire pendant. Her bridesmaid, Mrs. Ethel Zeis, was gowned in pale green organza and wore flowers which were in contrast to her gown.
Mr. Schultz and his attendant, Dr. A.G. Zeis, of Adams, wore dark suits. Tommy Lindquist, nephew of the bride, acted as ring bearer, carrying the ring in a pink rose.
Following the ceremony a wedding dinner was served at the new Hotel Osceola with table decorations of pink and green.
Mr. and Mrs. Schultz, accompanied by Dr. and Mrs. Zeis left immediately for a motor trip through Yellowstone and Glacier Parks. The happy young couple will be at home at Adams after August 15, where Graydon is instructor in the Adams-Friendship High School.
Mrs. G. N. Schultz, Lenora, Enid, Carl and Dan, of Ripon, attended the ceremony.
The many friends of both Graydon and Lauretta join us in wishing them many happy years of joy and prosperity together.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs