Arlene D. (1948)
Surnames: SCHUETTE SCHULZ GOETSCH BAUER
----Sources: Marathon County Register (Unity, Clark Co., Wis.) 07/02/1948
Schuette, Arlene D. (Marriage - 19 Jun. 1948)
Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church at Colby was the scene of the wedding on June 19 of Arlene D. Schuette, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Hugo H. Schuette, Unity, and Calvin Schulz, son of Mr. and Mrs. Ernest W. Schulz, Colby. The Rev. M. C. Goetsch officiated at the ceremony.
The bride’s sister, Miss Ethel Schuette, was maid of honor and the bridegroom’s brother, Donald Schulz, served as best man. Other attendants were Mr. and Mrs. Merlin Schuette, Unity, brother and sister-in-law of the bride, Mr. and Mrs. Julius Schulz, Colby, brother and sister-in-law of the groom.
A brother of the bride, Orville Schuette, Rockford, Ill., and a brother-in-law of the groom. Maynard Bauer, Dixon, Ill., ushered.
The bride was gowned in entrained white satin fashioned with lace insertions, lace topped sleeves pointed at the wrists and a sweetheart neckline with satin appliquéd flowers on either side. Her full length veil edged with lace, was caught to a seed pearl tiara.
The maid of honor was dressed in orchid taffeta; the bridesmaid in yellow and lime green, respectively. They carried bouquets of pink and yellow carnations.
Dinner was served to 130 guests at the home of the bride’s parents and a reception was held there. That evening a dance was given at Walters Pavillion, Colby.
Mrs. Schulz was graduated from the Loyal High School and attended Eau Claire Vocational School. Her husband is a graduate of the Colby, Wis. High School and a veteran of 18 months service in the Navy Air Corp. He is now employed as a cheesemaker at the Pine Grove Cheese Factory in Loyal.
The Register joins their many local friends in extending congratulations and best wishes for a long and happy wedded life.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs