BioM: Gloff, Carol
Surnames: GLOFF SCHULTZ HINZ LAW KRAUSE
----Sources: Marathon County Register (Unity, Clark Co., Wis.) 10/08/1948
Gloff, Carol Mae (Marriage - 3 Oct. 1948)
On October 3, the 25th wedding anniversary of his parents, Gerhardt A. Schultz, son of Mr. and Mrs. Albert H. Schultz, Spencer, was united in marriage to Miss Carol Mae Gloff at North Spencer Lutheran Church. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Gloff, Arpin. Officiating at the 2:30 P.M. double-ring service was the Rev. H. C. Hinz.
Lace-inserted white satin formed the bride’s gown which was enhanced with a sweetheart neckline and a long train. The fingertip veil, which had been worn by her sister, Mrs. Wm. Law, was caught to a rhinestone and seed pearl crown. She carried a bouquet of white gladioli and pink Pinocchio roses.
Miss Velma Gloff, Milwaukee, was her sister’s maid of honor in a yellow taffeta gown styled with a sweetheart neckline. Yellow and pink carnations and candyeuft made up her bouquet. Miss Mable Schultz, Marshfield, and Miss Eunice Schultz, Spencer, sisters of the groom, were bridesmaids in old rose and green taffeta gowns, respectively. Their flowers were the same as those of the maid of honor’s.
Raymond Gloff, West Allis, brother of the bride, was best man. William Law, West Allis, brother-in-law of the bride, and Ernest Krause, the groom’s brother-in-law, were groomsmen. Lynette Law and Eileen Gloff, both of Milwaukee, were flower girls in identical gowns of white taffeta and they carried miniature bouquets similar to those of the other attendants.
Arpin Community Hall was the scene of a supper and dance. In attendance at the supper were 150 guests. Both the bride and the groom were graduated from the Unity, Wis. High School. The couple will make their home in Arpin, where Mr. Schultz is employed at Gloff’s store.
The Register joins their many local friends in extending congratulations and best wishes for a long and happy wedded life.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs