Frances Louise (1950)
Surnames: RILEY BIERLY FULLER
----Sources: Marathon County Register (Unity, Clark County, Wis.) 08/04/1950
Riley, Frances Louise (Marriage - 29 Jul. 1950)
A wedding in the First Methodist Church at Dana, Illinois Saturday, July 29 united in marriage Miss Frances Louise Riley, youngest daughter of Rev. and Mrs. A. C. Riley of Dana and Richard D. Bierly, son of Mrs. J. R. Bierly and the late Dr. Bierly of Peoria, Illinois.
The Rev. Riley, former pastor of the Unity and Colby Methodist Churches, read the double ring ceremony before an altar banked with tall candlebra and gladioli.
Donald Riley, brother of the bride, sang "Always" and "The Lord’s Prayer."
The bride was escorted to the altar by her brother, Arthur Riley. She was dressed in a gown of chantilly lace bodice made with a sweetheart neckline, fitted sleeves and a flared silk marquisette skirt over slipper satin with full court train. Her fingertip veil was held in place by a tiara of seed pearls. Her only jewelry was a single strand of pearls, a gift from the groom. Her bridal bouquet was of white carnations and in the throat was nestled an orchid which she wore on her going away suit.
Mrs. Rodney Fuller attended her sister as matron of honor and wore an orchid taffeta gown. She carried a colonial bouquet of white, yellow and pink carnations with an orchid background and satin ribbon.
The groom was attended by his brother, Kenneth Bierly of Greenwich, Conn.
The reception was held in the church parlors which were decorated with cut flowers and white, yellow and orchid streamers and white bells.
The couple left for a honeymoon to Canada, Niagara Falls, and New York.
They will reside at 1411 Knoxville Ave., in Peoria where the groom is employed with the Caterpillar Tractor Co. The bride attended Colby, Wis. High School and was in her senior year at Bradley University. She is employed in the lab at Bemis Bag Co. in Peoria.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs