Kathryn J. (1930)
Surnames: LOWE CHRISTENSEN DURNAM CENDT FULMER LEE SCHREINER BATES
----Sources: COLBY PHONOGRAPH (Colby, Clark County, Wisconsin) 12 Jun 1930
Lowe, Kathryn J. (Marriage - 11 June 1930)
At a pretty home wedding, solemnized at 11:30 o’clock Wednesday morning, Miss Kathryn J. Lowe, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Roy L. Lowe of Abbotsford, became the bride of Victor Christensen of Marshfield. The Rev. Claude Durnam, pastor of the First Presbyterian church of Stratford, read the service.
Mrs. Howard Cendt, attired in powder blue georgette and wearing a corsage bouquet of pink and white carnations and sweet peas, attended as matron of honor. William Christensen, Marshfield, brother of the bridegroom, served as best man.
The bride wore a pretty frock of yellow georgette and Spanish lace and her flowers were a corsage bouquet of tea roses and lilies of the valley.
Miss Florence Ethel Fulmer played the wedding march, and as a prelude gave "At Dawning." Preceding the ceremony she sang "I Love You Truly."
The house was prettily decorated with yellow and white streamers, ferns and cut flowers. A dinner with covers laid for thirty-five immediately followed the service. Mr. and Mrs. Christensen have departed for points in the southern part of the state and will tour Minnesota before returning to Marshfield to reside. They will be home to friends after July 1st.
Guests from out of town at the wedding included Mr. and Mrs. Sherman Lowe and son, Roy Lee, of Milwaukee, Mr. and Mrs. Ward Lowe and daughter, Betty Jane, of Blai?, Mr. and Mrs. Louis Christensen, Jr. and children, Cornelia and Kennt of Wisconsin Rapids, Mr. and Mrs. J. Schreiner and sons, Norbert, Clarence and George of Curtiss, Mr. and Mrs. A. H. Bates and Mr. and Mrs. Earl D. Fulmer and daughter, Flo *** The rest of the article is cut off and not available at the time of transcription.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs