Frances D. (1930)
Surnames: STERZINGER JICINSKY LACHNIT ROBINSON KAENINGS
----Sources: COLBY PHONOGRAPH (Colby, Clark County, Wisconsin) 9 Oct 1930
Sterzinger, Frances D. (Marriage - 8 Oct. 1930)
A very pretty wedding took place at the St. Mary’s Catholic church on Wednesday morning, October 8th, at 8:00 o’clock, Rev. H. Lachnit officiating, when Miss Frances D. Sterzinger, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. George Sterzinger, became the bride of Mr. Ferdinand J. Jicinsky, son of Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Jicinsky. Miss Elizabeth Kaenings acted as bridesmaid and the groom was attended by Mr. George Sterzinger, Jr. Veradean Robinson acted as flower girl.
The bride wore a beautiful dress of white satin, trimmed with lace. She also wore a veil and headdress trimmed with pearls. Her shower bouquet consisted of white and pink rose-buds and white bridal buds. The bridesmaid was attired in a dress of pale pink satin with slippers to match and her large hand bouquet consisted of roses, asters and babybreath. The flower girl wore a dress of pale green satin with a beautiful rhinestone headband. She carried a gold and green basket of asters, marigold, daisies and mixed flowers.
A wedding reception was given at the home of the bride’s parents, the home being nicely decorated with crepe paper of white, pink and green for the occasion. In the evening, a free wedding dance was given at Wiedenhoeft’s park which was largely attended by friends and relatives.
The newlyweds left on a wedding trip to Janesville, Milwaukee and Sheboygan and will be at home to friends and relatives after Oct. 15th on the groom’s farm near Stratford, Wis.
The bride is well and favorably known in Colby, having clerked at the City Bakery for the past four years. The groom is not so well known here but is numbered among the substantial citizens of Marathon county. We join their many friends extending best wishes.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs