BioM: Kaage, Helen
Surnames: KAAGE VIOLAND MEIER KALEPP GUMZ
----Sources: WEEKLY CLARION (Dorchester, Clark Co., WI) 27 Sep 1935
Kaage, Helen (21 SEP 1935)
In a setting of late summer flowers a quiet home wedding was solemnized at the Herman Kaage home Saturday morning at 10:30, Sept. 21, 1935, when Miss Helen Kaage, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Herman Kaage, Dorchester (Clark Co., Wis.), became the bride of Oscar Carl Violand, Dorchester, Wis. The double ring ceremony was read by the Rev. J.R. Kalwitz and the wedding march was played by Wayne Ebert, instructor at the St. Peter’s Lutheran School.
The bride was attired in a plum colored silk crepe gown with a corresponding hat and brown accessories. She carried a bouquet of autumn flowers.
Miss Dorothy Meier acted as bridesmaid and wore a dress of rust colored silk with brown accessories and carried a bouquet of mixed autumn flowers.
The groom and his attendants, O.W. Kalepp and Henry Gumz, wore dark suits.
Following the ceremony a reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents at 5 o’clock with approximately 100 guests attending. The home was tastily decorated with orchid, purple and white streamers and fall flowers and the large wedding cake baked by Mrs. Hattie Gumz, decorated the bridal table. A wedding dance was given in the evening at the Hinke Hall.
The happy young couple will be at home to their many friends at the home of the bride’s parents after October 1st.
The bride is a graduate of Dorchester High School, having completed her course there in the spring of this year. The groom, who arrived in the United States a few years ago from his home in Switzerland, is employed as cheesemaker at the E.A. Laabs Factory one mile south of the village.
The many friends of the newlyweds join us in wishing them the best of success and happiness in future years.
Out of town guests included Mr. and Mrs. Frank Gumz of Wausau.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs