BioM: Lapp, Vera
Surnames: LAPP WEIX
----Sources: WEEKLY CLARION (Dorchester, Clark Co., WI) 22 Nov 1935
Lapp, Vera (18 NOV 1935)
A very beautiful wedding occurred Monday morning, Nov. 18, 1935, at the St. Louis Catholic Church at 6:30 when Miss Vera Lapp, the daughter of Mrs. Bertha Lapp, became the bride of M.J. Weix, son of Mr. and Mrs. John Weix of Colby. The single ring ceremony was by the Rev. Father Clement Haines.
The bride was attired in a floor length plum colored chiffon velvet gown with a short train and wore silver accessories. She wore a corsage of orchid chrysanthemums, sweet peas and rose buds. Miss Verna Lapp, the bride’s sister, was gowned in a floor length purple chiffon velvet dress with silver accessories and wore a corsage of chrysanthemums and sweet peas. The groom was attended by the bride’s nephew, Burt Lapp.
A seven course wedding breakfast was served to members of the wedding party and immediate relatives at the home of the bride’s mother immediately following the ceremony, and the happy couple left soon after for a wedding trip to Chicago, Milwaukee, and other points in Wisconsin and Illinois.
The bride is a graduate of Medford High School and has been employed in the Dorchester Cooperative office for the past nine years. The groom graduated from the Pharmacy course at the University of Wisconsin and for the past several years has been managing the Weix Drug Store here, of which he is the proprietor. They will be at home to their many friends after Dec. 1st in their rooms over the drug store.
Both the bride and groom are well known and liked here and their many friends join us in wishing them all the joy and happiness possible in their future years together.
Out of town guests attending the wedding were Mr. and Mrs. John Weix and Mr. and Mrs. John Gries and daughter, Marcia, of Colby, Mr. and Mrs. John Sturner of Ladysmith, Miss Verna Lapp of Antigo, and Burt Lapp of Fifield.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs