Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: TAGGART KRAHN
----Sources: The Loyal Tribune 02 November 1939
Taggart, Irma (25 OCT 1939)
Wednesday, Oct. 25th, was chosen as the wedding day of Irma Taggart, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Taggart if the Town of Sherman, and Alton Krahn also of Sherman. The double ring ceremony was solemnized at 2:30 P. M. by Rev. Franklin Albrecht at Salem’s Lutheran Church of Veefkind.
To the strains of the "Bridal Chorus" from Lohengrin, the bride approached the altar on the arm of her father. Mrs. Aldus Gifford presided at the organ. A solo "Around The Family Altar" was sung by the bride’s sister, Beatrice Taggart.
Arthur Krahn, Rozelville, brother of the groom and Minerva Taggart, Milwaukee , sister of the bride, were the couple’s only attendants.
The bride was attired in an entrained princess gown of white satin, fashioned with a lace yoke and long full sleeves with lace insets, the back closing with tiny white satin buttons from neck to waist line. A double finger length veil with head dress of seed pearls and rhinestones and white accessories completed the bride’s costume. The bride’s only jewelry was a necklace of pearls borrowed from the bridesmaid, and a linen handkerchief with blue edge was in her ensemble. She carried a shower bouquet of white pompoms.
The bridesmaid’s dress was of heavy watered silk taffeta in American beauty. The floor length gown had a puffed sleeve jacket with pleating and a bustle effect skirt. She wore a bow and streamers of American beauty satin in her hair and gold accessories. Her old colonial bouquet was fashioned of tiny orchid, yellow, and white chrysanthemums.
The groom and his attendants wore the conventional dark blue suits.
Mrs. Taggart and Mrs. Krahn wore navy blue printed crepe. Their corsages were of orchid lilies and fern. The boutonnières of the men were of white pompoms.
After the ceremony a wedding supper was served for thirty-five guests at the home of the bride’s parents. The dining room was decorated with American buety and white crepe paper and a wite wedding bell. A beautifully decorated large bride’s cake in the center of the table was flanked on either side by lighted tapers and tall vases of orchid and white pompoms.
Those from away who attended the wedding were Mr. and Mrs. Eric Klug of Milwaukee; Mr. and Mrs. Marvin Krahn of West Allis; Mr. and Mrs. Peter Gessart and sons Robert and Wilbur, Marshfield; Mr. and Mrs. W. Krahn and son Verlyn of Loyal; Mr. and Mrs. Ed. Berg and Mr. and Mrs. Ed. Ebelt of Cascade; Mr. and Mrs. Ed. Tupper, Sheboygan; and Herbert Hanson, Glacier National Park, Montana.
The wedding dance was given at the Country Ballroom in the evening. The bride, a graduate of the Loyal High School of 1935 has been employed in Marshfield the past two and one-half years. The groom has been employed on his father’s farm where the couple will start housekeeping and be at home after Nov. 1st. Veefkind Cor.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.