Charles M. (1855 - 1942)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Campbell, Laffe, Gibson, Rogers, Kennedy, Asp, Rosolack
----Sources: The Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 2 April 1942
Campbell, Charles M. (16 Aug. 1855 - 26 March 1942)
Charles M. Campbell passes away at 5:30 a.m. Thursday, March 26, 1942, at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Fred Laffe at Lynn. He was born August 16, 1855, at Greenbush, Wisconsin, where he spent his early life and attended school.
He was united in marriage April 24, 1875, to Martha Gibson at the home of her parents at Fond du Lac, Wis. In the fall of 1875 they came to Clark County and settled on a farm in the town of York where they lived until 1912 when they moved to Neillsville, Mr. Campbell living there, in good health, until 1939, when he underwent an operation. Since then he had been unable to work. Mrs. Campbell died June 7th, 1932.
The departed was a hard-working man. Even after coming to this city he farmed quite extensively, keeping a cow, horses and poultry and doing truck gardening. He also plowed most of the gardens in the neighborhood.
He is survived by eight children, namely: Perry, Manson, Wash.; William, Chili, Wis.; Mrs. Frank (Orpah) Rogers, Marshfield, Wis.; Earl, Neillsville; Charles, Bellingham, Wash.; Ray, Rochester, Wash.; Roy, Dundee, Oregon; and Mrs. Thomas (Grace) Kennedy, Chicago. There are also 22 grandchildren and ten great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his wife, the parents, and by two brothers, Ed. and George.
Funeral services were conducted Sunday, March 29, at 1:30 p.m. from the Jaster Funeral Home, the Rev. Obed Asp, pastor of the Methodist church conducting the rites. Burial took place in the Neillsville Cemetery.
Those present from away were, Mrs. Tom Kennedy and her daughter, Hazel, of Chicago and Mrs. Will Rosolack of Eau Claire.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs