Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Walker, Wood, Hansen, Heidemann, Poore
----Sources: The Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 28 May 1942
Walker, Lorraine (Marriage - 21 May 1942)
The Emanuel Evangelical church of Augusta was the scene of the pretty May wedding Thursday, May 21, at one o’clock, when Miss Lorraine Walker, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Theodore Walker, Thompson Valley, became the bride of Wilfred Wood, son of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Wood of the town of Seif. The Rev. R. J. Hansen performed the double ring ceremony. Having been called into the service of the United States Army, Reverend Hansen wore the uniform of a chaplain. He departed the same afternoon to begin his new duties in eastern Pennsylvania.
Preceding the ceremony, Mrs. R. J. Hansen sang, "I Love You Truly," and "Because."
The wedding party entered the church to the strains of Lohengrin’s Bridal Chorus, played by Mrs. Hansen.
The bride wore a floor length gown of white slipper satin fashioned along princess lines, with a sweetheart neckline and puffed elbow-length sleeves. She wore a finger tip veil edged with lace. Her only accessory was a string of pearls, a gift of the groom. She carried an all-white bouquet of roses and snapdragons.
Mrs. Lyman Heidemann of Green Bay, sister of the groom, attended the bride as matron of honor. She wore a light blue princess-styled taffeta dress with short puffed sleeves and a sweetheart neckline. She carried a bouquet of snapdragons and roses.
The bridesmaid, Miss Elaine Poore, of Madison, wore a pink taffeta dress, also made on princess lines with a sweetheart neckline.
Beatrice Walker, sister of the bride, in princess styled yellow taffeta floor length dress was the junior bridesmaid. The bridesmaid and junior bridesmaid carried bouquets like that of that matron of honor.
The groom, attired in a blue suit, was attended by Gordon Walker as best man and by Marshall Walker, brother of the bride. They wore identical suits of blue, with white carnations in their lapels. The groom’s flower was a white rose.
The bride’s mother wore a maroon silk print dress, and the groom’s mother wore a dress of navy blue silk. Both wore corsages of roses and sweet peas.
A reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents following the ceremony for 75 friends and relatives. The dining room was decorated in blue and white. A three-tier wedding cake topped by a miniature bride and groom furnished the centerpiece for the bride’s table.
After a short trip, the young couple will reside on the farm of the groom’s parents.
The bride and groom received many beautiful and useful gifts at the prenuptial shower tendered them by friends on May 13, and at the wedding dance given at the Silver Dome on May 21.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs