Mildred Ann (1942)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Stochek, Walter, Graf, Zdenek, Magadatz, Stancl, Urlaub
----Sources: The Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 4 June 1942
Stochek, Mildred Ann (Marriage - 2 June 1942)
Miss Mildred Ann Stochek, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Stochek, Spencer, and Eugene Joseph Walter, Granton, were united in marriage at 9 a.m., June 2 at Christ the King Catholic Church at Spencer, the Rev. Joseph Graf performing the double ring ceremony.
The bride was dressed in a gown of slipper satin fashioned trimmed with lace. Her long Chantilly lace edged silk illusion veil fell from a beaded halo. She wore a double strand pearl necklace and carried a bouquet of white roses, lily of the valley and streamers.
She was attended by her cousin, Miss Georgiana Zdenek of Chicago, who wore pink chiffon with lace panels on a full skirt. The dress was fashioned with short puff sleeves and sweetheart neckline. A circular shoulder length veil fell from a flowered tiara. She carried a bouquet of pink and white carnations, lily of the valley and ferns. A three-strand pearl necklace, a gift from the bride, adorned her neck. Joe Magadatz acted as best man.
The young ladies’ choir sang at the nuptial high mass.
A dinner and also supper were served at the home of the bride’s parents, a large, wedding cake gracing the table. A social evening, which included a shower, was held at the Silver Dome.
The bride was graduated from Spencer High School with the class of 1938. The groom is a young farmer. They will be at home at Granton, Wis.
The guests were the members of the immediate families and close friends, including Mr. and Mrs. John Zdenek and daughters, Georgiana and Alice, and Miss Rose Stancl, all of Chicago, and Mr. and Mrs. Joe Urlaub and family, Neillsville, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs