Surnames: WILCOTT VANDREEL SCHUMACHER KUBS BEHRENS CARTER DIERS KOLLER AMACHER KOSCHMAN
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 06/25/1936
Wilcott, Marcella (Marriage - 22 June 1936)
St. Joseph’s Catholic church at Stratford was the scene of a pretty wedding at 8 o’clock Monday morning when Miss Marcella Wilcott, of Stratford, and Lawrence Van Dreel, Colby, were united in marriage at a high mass celebrated by the Rev. Father J. L. Schumacher.
The bride wore a floor length gown of white satin with long lace sleeves and she carried a bouquet of yellow roses and sweet peas. Lace edged her long veil of net which was arranged in coronet style with a headdress of seed pearls and orange blossoms.
Miss Verona Van Dreel, Colby, cousin of the bridegroom, who was bridesmaid, wore a light blue crepe formal with white accessories and carried pink roses and white sweet peas. The bridegroom was attended by the bride’s brother, Eugene Wilcott, of Stratford.
A dinner and supper for forty guests were served at the home of the bride’s parents, Mr. and Mrs. Felix Wilcott, in the town of Eau Pleine. The house was decorated with streamers of blue and white and on the bridal table the decorations were a large wedding cake and bowls of iris, pansies, peonies and roses. The guests from away included Mrs. Thomas Kubs, Mr. and Mrs. Anton VanDreel, Reginald Behrens, Mr. and Mrs. Alfred Carter and children, and Mr. and Mrs. Henry VanDreel, all of Colby, Mr. and Mrs. Leo Diers and children, Abbotsford, Mr. and Mrs. Wenzel Koller, Auburndale, Mr. and Mrs. Robert Amacher and children, Stetsonville, Miss Cleo Wilcott, Alfred Koschman and James Wilcott, Wausau. That evening a wedding dance was given at Cherokee hall.
After July 1 the couple will be at home to friends on the farm of the bridegroom’s parents, Mr. and Mrs. Anton VanDreel in the town of Frankfort. They are now on their honeymoon in the northern lakes region.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs