Margaret Marie (1942)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Trammn, Mund, Baumann, Cremer, Siever, Blum, Schroeder, Schwartz
----Sources: The Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 11 June 1942
Tramm, Margaret Marie (Marriage - 6 June 1942)
The marriage of Miss Margaret Marie Tramm, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Otto Tramm, Stanberry, and Glen L. Mund, son of the Mrs. Elmer Mund of the town of Weston, took place on Saturday, June 6, at two p.m. at St. John’s Lutheran Church, the Rev. William A. Baumann officiating at a single-ring ceremony. Mrs. William A. Baumann and Mrs. Clarence De Cremer sang "O Perfect Love" preceding the ceremony, Erich Sievert accompanying on the pipe organ. About eighty guests were present.
The bride was attired in a lovely white slipper satin dress, with train, her long, lacey veil, extending over the length of the train, hung from a tiara of seed pearls. Her flowers consisted of white roses with white ribbon showers. About her neck she wore a gold chain with a cross pendant which had been worn by her great-grandmother, Mrs. H. Blum, and also by her grandmother, Mrs. Fred Schroder, at their wedding.
Miss Dorothea Tramm, dressed in pink, acted as maid of honor. The bridesmaids, Misses Eileen and Lois Tramm and Mrs. Harry Schwartz, Rockford, Ill., were dressed in blue. The three first mentioned are sisters of the bride, Mrs. Schwartz being the groom’s sister. The maid of honor carried a bouquet of pink roses combined with white flowers, while the bridesmaids’ flowers combine pink and blue sweet peas and feverfew.
Mr. Schwartz acted as best man, the other attendants being the groom’s brother, Vitus Mund, and a friend of the groom, Wilfred Schmidt, all of Rockford.
A reception and five o’clock dinner followed the home of Mrs. Mund’s grandparents where the bride was born. The rooms were decorated in white, pink and blue, with vases of garden flowers. The dinner table was centered with a seven-tier wedding cake, topped with a bride and groom standing under a wedding bell within a wreath of flowers. A white bell, which had been used at the bride’s mother’s wedding, was hung directly over the center of the table.
Mrs. Mund attended and was confirmed from St. John’s Lutheran School and St. John’s Lutheran Church, of Neillsville, Wis. She attended high school here for a couple of years, completing the course at Stevens Point. Since then she had been employed in that city and at Gary and Rockford, Ill., recently being employed in a bakery at the later place.
The groom is employed in a defense plant at Rockford, where the couple will make their home following a wedding trip to the northern part of Wisconsin.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs