Wilhelmina K. #2 (1851 - 1937)
Surnames: THIEME GOETSCH
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 02/04/1937
Thieme, Wilhelmina K. #2 (10 Oct. 1851 - 23 Jan. 1937)
Mrs. Wilhelmina K. Thieme passed away at the home of her son, Fred Thieme, of Curtiss, Wis., Route No. 1, on January 23, at 8:30 A.M. at the age of eighty-five years, pneumonia being the cause of her departure to the heavenly goal. Funeral services were held January 27th, at St. Paul’s Lutheran church, Rev. M. C. Goetsch officiating, and internment was made in Pine Hill cemetery. Grand sons acted as pall bearers and were Alvin. Harry, Raymond, Arthur, Franklin and Arthur Thieme. Grand daughters were in charge of the flowers.
The deceased was born in Vera by Stanfurt, Germany, Oct. 10. 1851. and was married to William Thieme May 20, 1869. The family came to the United States in 1891 and settled in the town of Hoard where they lived for about twenty years. In 1912 they moved to Dorchester and later to Abbotsford, Wis. Mr. Thieme passed away in 1922. The deceased lived in Abbotsford until a little over a year ago when her health began to fail and has since lived with her son, Fred. Mrs. Thieme was a member of the Lutheran church and the Ladies’ Aid of Abbotsford, Wis.
Five sons survive, Fred and Ernest of Curtiss, Morris of Phillips, Otto of Whittlesey and Alfred of Nashville, Kan., all of whom were present. A daughter and son preceded her in death. There are twenty-nine grand children and sixteen great grand children.
The deceased was a good Christian and faithful member of the Lutheran church. Like all early pioneers, she was of a congenial and industrious disposition and never forgot the hospitable ways of the pioneer, no one ever entering her home without a warm welcome or leaving without feeling her friendly hospitality.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs