BioM: Gries, Viola
Contact: History Buffs
Surnames: GRIES JACQUES WOLFE SPEICH NORMAN LAMBARD HAMILTON
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 06/24/1937
Gries, Viola (Marriage - 19 June 1937)
Announcement is made of the marriage of Miss Viola Gries, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Peter Gries, Colby, and Peter Jacques, son of Mr. and Mrs. Peter Jacques, Chicago, Saturday morning at 9 o’clock.
The bride was attired in a gown of white satin with a lace jacket and a headdress in halo style of braide satin and an over the face veil. She carried an arm bouquet of gardenias.
Mrs. Helen Wolfe, Chicago, sister of the bridegroom, as matron of honor wore a frock of white net over taffeta with Wallis blue accessories. Miss Lorraine Speich, Chicago, and Mrs. Raymond Gries, Colby, attended as bridesmaids; they were attired alike, also in white net over taffeta, with tea rose taffeta picture hats and the muffs which they carried were adorned with tea roses.
Little Lucy Norman, cousin of the bride, was flower girl, and she was dressed in white taffeta, princess style with white taffeta hat tied with a large net bow. Her bouquet was of mixed flowers.
Raymond Gries, Colby, and Raymond Jacques, Milwaukee, were the bridegroom’s attendants, and Lloyd Wolfe of Chicago was usher.
Breakfast and dinner was served in a tea room and in the evening a dance was enjoyed.
Among the guests present were Mr. and Mrs. Peter Gries and daughter, Marjorie, Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Gries, Colby; Vilas and Harold Gries, Milwaukee; Mr. and Mrs. Albert Norman and children, Evanston, Ill.; and Lewis Lambard, Mr. and Mrs. Robert Hamilton and Miss Helen Hamilton, Chicago, former Colby residents.
The bride is a graduate of the Colby, Wis. High school and the past two years has been employed in Evanston.
Mr. and Mrs. Jacques will reside at 1214 Waveland avenue, Chicago.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs