Contact: History Buffs
Surnames: Sandvig, Merriman Orlady
----Sources: Owen Enterprise (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 05/26/1938
Sandvig, Maret (21 MAY 1938)
Miss Maret Sandvig, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Edwin Sandvig of Menominee, was united in marriage at a beautiful early morning service in St. Joseph’s Church at Menominee to Daniel F. Merriman, son of Mr. and Mrs. V.F. Merriman of this city (Owen, Clark Co., Wis.), on Saturday, May 21, 1938.
The bride was attired in a gown of powder blue and dubonnet accessories and carried a bouquet of lilies of the valley. She was attended by Miss Jean Orlady, also of Menominee, who wore a pink gown with brown accessories and carried a mixed bouquet.
The groom was dressed in a suit of oxford grey and was attended by his brother, Bernard Merriman of Milwaukee.
After the service a breakfast was given at the Café La Corte for 53 friends and relatives of the bride and groom. The table was beautiful decorated with a large wedding cake for the center piece.
Miss Sandvig is a graduate of the Menominee public schools and of the Stout Institute. She has been employed by the Employer’s Mutual Insurance Company at Wausau for the past few months.
The groom was graduated from the Owen High School in 1932 and then attended the Eau Claire State Teachers College for three years. He has been employed by the Northern States Power Co. as service man at Menominee for the past two years.
The young couple will make their home at 120 Third Ave. West, Menominee after June 1, and they are sincerely wished a happy wedded life by their many friends in Menominee and Owen, Wis.
Among those attending the wedding from Owen were: Mr. and Mrs. V.F. Merriman, daughter, Catherine, and son, Bernard, the latter two of Milwaukee; Mrs. William Perkins and Mr. and Mrs. Jack Devine, and Gordon LeGault of Milwaukee.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs