Joseph "Joe" (1925 - 2007)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Janicki, Karkiewicz, Zimmerman, Schiller, Lashua, Wood, Mays, St. John, Fisher, Kasprzak, Dixon
----Sources: Banner Journal (Black River Falls, Jackson County, WI.) September 12, 2007
Janicki, Joseph "Joe" (February 2, 1925 - September 6, 2007) Flag
Joseph Janicki, 82, of Nekoosa died Thursday, September 6, 2007, at his home.
A memorial service was held Saturday, September 7, 2007, with Chaplain Mary Jane Lipinski of Ministry Homecare Hospice officiating.
Joseph was born February 2, 1925, in Merrillan, Jackson County, to Joseph and Mary (Karkiewicz) Janicki. He married Larraine Zimmerman September 19, 1953, in Neillsville, Wis.
He served in the U. S. Army during World War II in the South Pacific Theater.
He was employed in the cranberry industry for his entire adult life, serving as the foreman at Norris and Son Cranberry Company for 31 years, retiring in 1991. Following retirement, he and Larraine moved to Hazelhurst. They returned to Nekoosa in December 2006. While living in Hazelhurst, he served on the Wind Pudding Lake Association Board of Directors.
He was an avid outdoorsman with interests in hunting, fishing, trapping and gardening. He especially enjoyed spending time with his grandchildren doing outdoor activities. He also enjoyed reading.
He is survived by his wife, Larraine; two children, Glenn (Theresa) Janicki and Pamela (Michael Schiller) Janicki, both of Nekoosa; five grandchildren, Randy Lashua and Justin, Ashley, Joseph and Natasha Janicki; one brother, Ted (Dorothy) Janicki of Neillsville; three sisters, Josephine Wood of Black River Falls, Regi Mays of Troy, MO, and Clara St. John of Vidor, TX.
He was preceded in death by his parents; two brothers, Clement and Walter Janicki; and four sisters, Prixcida Fisher, Wanda Kasprzak, Helen Wood and Clementine Dixon.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs