Marcia Frances (1951)
Contact: Stan Schwarze
Surnames: Bruss, Denk, Deeny, Kohlenhofer
----Sources: THE Marshfield News Herald (Marshfield, Wood Co., Wis.) 2 Jan 1952.
Bruss, Marcia Frances (Marriage - 27 Dec 1951)
Miss Marcia Frances Bruss, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. August Bruss, Spencer, became the bride of William E. Denk Jr., son of Mr. and Mrs. William Denk Sr., Greenwood, during a ceremony performed at 1 p.m. Thursday in the parsonage of St. John’s Catholic Church. The Very Rev. Hugh J. Deeny was the officiating clergyman.
A ballerina-length gown featuring a bodice and sleeves of lace and a skirt of satin with a net overskirt was worn by the bride. A shoulder-length veil was attached to a crown of orange blossoms. This same crown had been worn by her grandmother on her wedding day. Lace gauntlets and satin shoes completed her ensemble and she carried a bouquet of white mums and red roses.
Miss Florence I. Bruss came here from West Allis to be her sister’s maid of honor, and Miss Dorothy Denk, Greenwood, the groom’s sister, was bridesmaid.
Each wore a red taffeta ballerina-length frock with a white net overskirt, white lace gauntlets, white satin shoes and red Dutch hats. They carried fan-shaped bouquets of white mums and red roses.
Victor Kohlenhofer, Minneapolis, served as best man, and Jack Denk, a brother of the groom, filled the role of groomsman.
The couple greeted guests at a reception at 2:30 p.m. at the bride’s home where a 5 o’clock supper was served to about 50 guests. In the evening, a dance was held in the Country Ballroom.
The bride is employed in the office of the People’s Gas Co. and the groom, who received his education in Greenwood, is employed by the Buchanan Laboratory. He is a veteran of World War II.
When the couple return from an undisclosed wedding trip they will make their home at 512A Central avenue.
Guests at the wedding were from Alma Center, Milwaukee, Marshfield, Greenwood, Minneapolis, Loyal and West Allis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs