Diane E. (1954)
Contact: History Buffs
Surnames: Williams, Raczykowski, Munson, Grosshuesch, Allar, Loos, Fischer, Hilbur
----Sources: Scrapbook Collection of History Buffs
Williams, Diane E. (Marriage - 26 June 1954)
The First Evangelical and Reformed Church at Colby provided the setting on Saturday afternoon for the marriage of Miss Diane E. Williams and Walter Raczykowski. Officiating at the 2 o’clock service, which was featured by vocal solos by Mrs. Hubert Munson, was the Rev. Victor Grosshuesch. Mrs. Munson sang "The Lord’s Prayer" "O Perfect Love," and "Because."
Lace and satin combined to fashion the gown donned by the bride, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Edgar Williams, Unity. Panels of pleated tulle cascaded down the front of the floor-length entrained skirt, which was topped by a molded bodice featuring long lace sleeves that terminated in points over the hands. Seed pearls and rhinestones encrusted the crown that secured her finger-tip veil. Her bouquet contained red roses and white gladioli.
Preceding the bride down the aisle were her aides - Mrs. Dorraine Allar, Unity, her sister as matron of honor, and Mrs. Lenora Williams, Loyal, and Emilie Loos, Colby, as bridesmaids. They were similarily attired in green, orchid, and yellow net over taffeta formals, respectively. Mrs. Allar carried white and green carnations while the two bridesmaids bouquets had white, yellow, and orchid carnations.
Attendants for the groom, son of Mr. and Mrs. Joe Raczykowski, were Eugene Allar as best man and Leslie Williams, Loyal, a brother of the bride, and Bernard Raczykowski, Unity, a brother of the groom, as groomsmen. Two cousins of the bride, Danny Fischer, Unity, and Dean Loos, Colby, served as ushers.
Completing the wedding party were two flower girls - Judy Allar and Barbara Hilbur, Colby. They wore white net over satin frocks and carried miniature bouquets like the bride’s.
Festivities of the day included ***Note: the rest of the article was cut off and not available at the time of transcription.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs