Floyd A. (1930 - 2007)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Wilson, Olson, Rustand, Bolitho, Larson, Manning, Wendt
----Sources: Thorp Courier (Thorp, WI.) September 5, 2007
Wilson, Floyd A. (March 21, 1930 - September 2, 2007)
Floyd A. Wilson, age 77, of 206 W. Prospect St., Thorp, WI, formerly of Hinckley, MN passed away on September 2, 2007 at Oakbrook Health & Rehabilitation Center in Thorp, WI.
A memorial service was conducted on Wednesday, September 5, 2007 at 11:00 a.m. at Plombon Funeral Chapel, Stanley, WI with visitation one hour prior to services at the funeral home. Inurnment will be on September 15, 2007 at the Freisland Cemetery, rural Hinckley, MN. Plombon Funeral Service assisted the family with arrangements.
Floyd was born in Amery, WI on March 21, 1930, the son of Walburn and Mildred (Olson) Wilson. He grew up in the Amery-Clayton area and later married Mary Rustand in MN. They resided in Hinckley, MN where he farmed, did roofing jobs and logged. He enjoyed woodworking and woodcrafts and will be especially remembered for his foster care for those in need. After his retirement Floyd moved to Luck, WI where he owned and operated the Sleepy Hollow Store. He later resided with his children in Cadott and Thorp, WI.
He is survived by two daughters: Anna (Michael) Bolitho of Thorp, WI and Mary Wilson of Lake Holcombe, WI; one son, Michael Wilson of Cadott, WI; plus six grandchildren, two sisters: Lorraine Larson and Bernice Manning both of Amery, WI; and one brother Edward (Donna) Wilson of Milwaukee, WI.
He was preceded in death by his parents; wife Mary in 1980; two brothers: Irving "Buddy" Wilson and Donald Wilson, and two sisters: Dawn Wilson and Evelyn Wendt.
The family wishes to thank the staff at Oakbrook Health & Rehabilitation, Thorp, WI for their warm and personal care.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs