Contact: History Buffs
Surnames: Zaborowski, Ignasiak, Kaminski, Jankoski, Artabasy, Ciolkosz
----Sources: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 09/15/1938
Zaborowski, Estelle (3 SEP 1938)
A pretty rainbow wedding took place Saturday morning, Sept. 3rd, 1938 at St. Hedwig’s Church, the ceremony being performed by Rev. Father Kulig.
Over 100 guests were present when Miss Estelle Zaborowski of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), became the bride of James Ignasiak, the son of Mr. and Mrs. Martin Ignasiak.
Attending the bride were Misses Margaret Zaborowski of Manitowoc, Gertrude Kaminski of West Allis and Pauline Zaborowski of Chicago.
The groom had as his attendants his nephews, Edward Jankoski, Adam Artabasy of West Allis, and Aloise Ciolkosz of Thorp. They all wore tuxedos.
The bride was gorgeously gowned in a white satin dress on fitted lines, fashioned with a long train of satin and silk lace, with long satin sleeves puffed at the top and fitted at the waist. Her tulle veil of five and one-half yards was fashioned in a Juliet style trimmed with rosettes. She carried a bouquet of Easter lilies.
The bridesmaids wore pink, aqua and orchid blue taffeta dresses, fitted all same style in princess effect. The headdresses were tulle with flowers. They carried bouquets of gladiolas and roses.
A reception was held at the home of the groom’s parents.
The out of town guests that were present were: Mr. and Mrs. John Kaminski and family, Mr. and Mrs. Al Artabasy and family, Mr. and Mrs. George Jankoski, Stanley Ignasiak, Mr. and Mrs. John Lopo and family, all of West Allis; Mr. and Mrs. Tony Jankoski and son, Eddie and Richard of Milwaukee; Mr. and Mrs. Frank Vetort and son, Leon, of Chicago, Ill.; Miss Pauline Zaborowski of Chicago; Mrs. Al Kiel and family, Ted Kowalski, Misses Margaret and Lillian Zaborowski of Manitowoc.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs