Obit: Scherf, William (1861 - 1940)
Contact: Stan

Surnames: Scherf, Menewisch, Bartlett, Huffman, Parkinson, Neville

----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 01/11/1940

Scherf, William (7 Jan. 1861 - 6 Jan. 1940)

William Scherf of Colby died Saturday morning at his home just west of Colby at the age of 78 years, 11 months and 29 days after an illness of one year. The body lay in state at the Co-operative Funeral Home until Tuesday when the body was taken to Antioch, Ill., where funeral services were held at a Methodist church. Internment took place at Liberty Corners Cemetery, near Antioch.

The deceased was born in Wilmot, Kenosha county, January 7, 1861. He was married there to Miss Mary Bartlett on March 30, 1886. One daughter, Mrs. William Menewisch of Birmingham, Mich., was born to the couple. After this marriage, Mr. Scherf worked as a tailor in Antioch and Waukegan, Ill.; until 1902 when the couple moved to Withee where they lived until the death of Mrs. Scherf in 1909. Mr. Scherf spent the next three years in real estate work and tailoring, and, in 1912, he went to Crystal Lake, Ill., where he married Miss Mittie G. Huffman. Since 1926 he resided in Colby, Wis.

Surviving are his wife, Mrs. Mittie Scherf of Colby, his daughter, Mrs. William Menewisch of Birmingham, Mich., a brother, Ernst Scherf of Withee; two grand children; four nephews, Fred, Sabin and Floyd Scherf of Withee and Byrne Neville of Milwaukee; and two nieces, Mrs. Natalia Scherf and Mrs. Oscar Parkinson of Owen, Wisconsin.

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE