Margaret E. (1939)
Surnames: Mortimer, Nusz, Davis, Golz, Engstrom, Fellows, Haney
----Sources: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 11/16/1939
Nusz, Margaret E. (4 NOV 1939)
Announcement has been received here of the marriage of Mr. Alan Lloyd Mortimer, son of Mrs. Frank Mortimer of Owen (Clark Co., Wis.), and a former resident of the town of Reseburg, to Miss Margaret Elizabeth Nusz, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank W. Nusz of Waupaca, which took place at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church at Waupaca at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 4th, 1939.
The Rev. B.L. Marceil performed the ceremony before an altar banked with chrysanthemums and lighted tapers in tall candelabra.
The bride, who was given in marriage by her father, wore a white silk net gown designed with a train and a fingertip length veil. Her only jewelry was a strand of pearls given her by Mr. Mortimer.
Miss Edythe Mae Nusz, sister of the bride, was her maid of honor in an aqua taffeta gown with a headband of pom pons and rosebuds. She carried a colonial bouquet of similar flowers. The bridesmaids, Miss Ethel M. Nusz and Mrs. R.M. Davis, sisters of the bride, wore wine taffeta gowns with bouquets and headbands similar to that of the maid of honor.
Kenneth Golz, Madison, attended Mr. Mortimer as best man, while the ushers were Dale Engstrom and Clyde Haney, Madison. Miss Miriam Fellows, Evansville, was soloist preceding the service.
For her daughter’s wedding Mrs. Nusz was attired in a black crepe gown with a corsage of gardenias. A wedding breakfast for twenty-four guests at the Anne of Green Gables tea room was followed by a reception for 100 guests at the Nusz home.
When the couple left for a short trip the bride wore a brown suit. After their return they will be at home at 711 Orton Ct., Madison. The bride is a graduate of Madison Business College. Mr. Mortimer attended the University of Wis. and is now associated with Stefan Mittler Memorials in Madison.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs