Surnames: Stelzl, Marks, Brandt, Kobs, Kademan, Fredricks, Venzke, Voge
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 07/04/1940
Stelzl, Verne (Marriage - 29 June 1940)
Miss Verne Stelzl, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Edward Stelzl of Abbotsford, Wis., and Edwin W. Marks of Colby, son of Mr. and Mrs. Ferdinand Marks of Chippewa Falls, were united in marriage Saturday, June 29th, 1940, at 1:30 P.M., at the Christ Lutheran church at Abbotsford, Wis., Rev. John Brandt reading the marriage ceremony. Eileen Kobs, cousin of the groom, sang "At Dawning," during the wedding at the church. Baskets of garden flowers were the church decorations.
The bride was attired in a becoming gown of white marquisette net fashioned with a sweetheart neckline and buttons extending from the neckline to the waist, long sleeves and a long train which had three lace gores. A necklace, which her mother wore at her own wedding, hung from her neck. Her bridal attire was completed with a full-length cap style veil held in place by a seed pearl crown. Her bouquet consisted of red roses with a large white ribbon.
Mrs. Gerald Stelzl of Eau Claire, the bride’s sister in law, was matron of honor and the bridesmaids were Miss Viola Marks of Chippewa Falls, sister of the groom, and Miss Leona Kademan of Colby, Wis. Mrs. Gerald Stelzl wore a dress of peach net made in a bolero style with headband to match. Miss Marks wore a dress of pink net with headband to match. All three wore a shoulder corsage of red roses.
The groom was attended by Gerald Stelzl, Leland Fredricks of Stanley and Delos Kobs of Colby, Wis.
Luella Venzke of Dorchester, Wis., a cousin of the bride, was flower girl. She wore a long pink organdy dress and picture hat and carried a basket of flowers. Leonard Stelzl, a brother of the bride, was ring bearer and carried a calla lily with the rings in it.
A reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents, the home being nicely decorated with garden flowers and streamers of white, peach, pink and blue. Supper was served to 100 guests at the basement of the Christ Lutheran church. Bouquets of garden flowers were on the tables and a large wedding cake centered the table. Table waitresses were Eileen and Bernice Kobs, Marion Voge, cousins of the groom, and Marion Stelzl, cousin of the bride. A wedding dance was held in the evening.
The groom is employed at the Colby cheese factory and the couple will make their home at Abbotsford for the present.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs