Surnames: Strohkirch, Dabler
----Sources: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 06/08/1939
Strohkirch, Alice (1 JUN 1939)
A very pretty wedding took place Thursday morning at 10 o’clock in the German Lutheran Parsonage at Withee (Clark Co., Wis.) when Miss Alice Strohkirch, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. E.W. Strohkirch of Withee became the bride of Louis Dabler, son of Mr. and Mrs. R. Dabler of Schofield. The ceremony was performed by Rev. E. Wendling of Withee, Wis.
The bridesmaid, Miss Myrtle Strohkirch, twin sister of the bride, and Walter Strohkirch of Wausau, brother of the bride, were the young couple’s only attendants.
The bride was beautifully attired in a white satin floor length gown with lace inserts and Queen Ann collar. Her full length white tulle veil had a crown of tiny seed pearls. She carried a bouquet of white buttons, roses, and snapdragons. The bridesmaid wore a floor length gown of pink taffeta. The tiny blue trimmings matched her headband of blue. She carried a bouquet of snapdragons and roses.
The groom and best man wore navy blue suits.
After the ceremony a reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents for 50 friends and relatives of the young couple. The table decorations were of pink and white and a beautiful wedding cake with a bride and groom ornament served as the centerpiece. A wedding dance was given in the evening at Merry Ol’ Gardens.
Out of town guests were Mr. and Mrs. R. Dabler of Schofield; Mr. and Mrs. Albert Habeck and family of Schofield; Mr. and Mrs. Edward Dabler of Rothschild; Mr. and Mrs. Karl Dabler and daughter of Wausau; Miss Lena Zadra, Miss Mary Custa of Schofield; Chris Johnson of Chippewa Falls, Elmer Strohkirch and Mrs. Emil Strohkirch of Braham, Minn.
The young couple will lived at 228 Edward St., Wausau, where the groom recently purchased a new home. They have the best wishes of their many friends for a long and happy wedded life.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs