Obit: Herrmann, Alfred Gust (1886 - 1941)
Surnames: Herrmann, Schmiechen, Volkmar, Zillmann, Schmidt, Beyerl, Dins, Stock, Schultz, Wepfer, Pipcorn, Thede, Uhlig, Volkmann, Neuhaus, Eichlepp, Leichtmann, Lipprandt, Brown, Lehrmann, Auberson, Auger, Horn, Ihlig, Young, Johnson, Foster, Shallock
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 06/19/1941
Herrmann, Alfred Gust (3 Apr. 1886 - 18 June 1941)
Alfred Gust Herrmann died at the Marshfield hospital Wednesday morning at 6:45 at the age of 55 years, a heart ailment being the cause of his death. Funeral services will be held Saturday at the home at 1:15 P.M. and at the First Evangelical and Reformed church at 2:00 P.M., Rev. S. A. Schmiechen officiating, and internment will be made in the Colby, Wisconsin cemetery.
The deceased was born in the town of Colby on April 3, 1886, on the farm where he and his family were living. He is a son of the late Mr. and Mrs. Gustave Herrmann. He was married to Elsie Volkmar on June 22, 1921 at Colby which union was blessed with four children.
Surviving are his wife, and children - Richard, age 19, Evelyn, 17, Verna, 15, Glen, 4, all at home. Also two sisters and one brother - Mrs. Ed. Zillmann of Colby, Mrs. Chas. Schmidt of Milan and Oscar Herrmann of Colby, Wis. One brother, Will, died three years ago.
The deceased was operated on for appendicitis three weeks ago and was getting along nicely. He was expected home the end of the week but was taken suddenly ill Wednesday morning. He was a fine Christian, a good husband, father and neighbor and well liked by all who knew him. This is attested by the numerous offices he held. He was a director of the Security State Bank a number of years, a soil conservation committeeman, president of the Colby Co-operative cheese factory, director of the Harmony Co-operative Produce Company, deacon of the First Evangelical and Reformed Church and treasurer at the time of his death. He was a faithful member of the church and was very enthusiastic over re-building the church which burned last winter.
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 06/26/1941
Funeral services for Alfred Herrmann were held at the First Evangelical and Reformed church last Saturday afternoon, Rev. S. A. Schmiechen officiating, and internment was made in the Colby cemetery. Pall bearers were Frank Beyerl, Peter Beyerl, Otto Dins, Ed. Stock, E. W. Schultz and Will Wepfer. Those in charge of the flowers were Ruth Herrmann, Irene Herrmann, Mrs. Gaylord Pipcorn, Mrs. Donald Zillmann, Janet Thede and Myrtle Uhlig.
Out of town relatives here for the funeral were Mr. and Mrs. Charles Schmidt and son, Alfred, of Milan, Wis., Mr. and Mrs. Ronald Herrmann and Eugene Herrmann of Columbus, Wis., Mr. and Mrs. D. H. Zillmann and son, Richard, of Eau Claire, R. H. Zillmann of Baldwin, Wis., Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Volkmann of Abbotsford, Wis., Mr. and Mrs. Herb Neuhaus of Green Grove, Mr. and Mrs. Alvin Thede and family of Curtiss, Oscar Volkmann and family of Dorchester, Wis., Mr. and Mrs. Gust Uhlig, Mr. and Mrs. Gaylord Pipcorn and Hugo Eichlepp of Abbotsford, Wis., Mr. and Mrs. Alphonse Herrmann, Mr. and Mrs. Gorman Uhlig and Emil Uhlig and family of Curtiss, Will Uhlig and family of the town of Hull, George Uhlig and family of Abbotsford, Wis., Albert Leichtmann and daughters, Ruth and Mildred, Mr. and Mrs. Rheynold Lipprandt and Mr. and Mrs. Gerhard Neuhaus of Curtiss, Mr. and Mrs. Herb Brown of Milan, Mrs. Theo. Lehrmann and daughter, Selma, and Louis Auberson and family of Marshfield, Mr. and Mrs. Will Thede and daughter, Edna, and son, Vernon, and Mrs. Auger of New Holstein, Mrs. Ida Horn and daughter, Lorinda, and sons, Harold and Glenn, of Greenwood, Miss Clara Ihlig of Glidden, Mrs. O. A. Young and Mrs. Wm. Johnson of Stevens Point and Mrs. Thres Foster and Mrs. Elder Shallock of Marshfield.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs