Obit: Beisang, John (1856 - 1942)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Email: crystal@wiclarkcountyhistory.org

Surnames: Beisang, Gernau

----Sources: The Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 31 Dec. 1942

Beisang, John (22 Oct. 1856 - 27 Dec. 1942)

John Beisang was born in Detroit, Mich., Oct. 22, 1856. He passed away Dec. 27, 1942, at an Eau Claire hospital where he had been ill for several days.

Mr. Beisang was married to Sibella Gernau Nov. 14, 1876, at Sheboygan, Wis. Nine children were born to this union, namely: John, Sacramento, Calif.; Elizabeth, Amelia, Albert and Laura, Minneapolis; Joseph, Los Angeles; Antone, Chicago; Edward, St. Paul and Irvine, St. Louis Mo.

Mr. Beisang had an interesting military record, a resume of which is given herewith: He enlisted in the Evergreen City Guard, in his home city, which was mustered into the state service on the 16th day of May, 1878. He re-enlisted in 1879 and was discharged as a corporal. On the 29th day of June, 1885, he enlisted in the Eau Claire Light Guard. On the 15th day of January, 1886, he was commissioned a First Lieut., resigning Feb. 4, 1887. He re-enlisted and was commissioned a captain in the Eau Claire Light Guard, Company L, Third Regiment, Wisconsin National Guard on May 13th, 1889. He resigned from the military service Jan. 18, 1894.

In 1917, Mr. Beisang came to Abbotsford to work as a cigar maker for Walter Jackson. In September, 1939, he came to Neillsville to live in the old folk’s home, until recently being able to be about each day.

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE