Virginia M. (1940)
Surnames: Sievwright, Weaver, Corcoran
----Sources: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 07/11/1940
Weaver, Virginia M. (3 JUL 1940)
In the presence of only the immediate families, Miss Virginia Mae Weaver, daughter of Mrs. Mary Weaver, 449 Church St., Stevens Point, and James William Sievwright, won of Mr. and Mrs. Harry E. Sievwright, 527 Ellis St., Stevens Point, were united in marriage at a ceremony performed at nine o’clock a.m., July 3, 1940, at St. Stephen’s Catholic Parsonage by Rev. John R. McGinley. Miss Catherine Corcoran was maid of honor and John Sievwright was best man for his brother.
The bride wore a navy blue chiffon dress trimmed with white lace and white accessories, while Miss Corcoran wore white trimmed with blue. Both had corsage bouquets of roses and swansonia.
A luncheon was served at the home of the bride’s mother after the ceremony for immediate relatives. Roses were the table decorations. Mr. and Mrs. R.F. Weaver and W.F. Weaver of Owen; Mrs. Theodore Robertson of Abbotsford; Mrs. Grace Hoffman of Wausau, and Miss Alice Uerling of Marensco, Mich., were out of town guests.
The bride and groom left today for a motor trip. They will be at home at 327 ½ Ellis St. after July 15. The groom is associated with the Sievwright Insurance Co.
Before the wedding the bride was entertained at several parties. Showers were given by Miss Corcoran, Mrs. Sievwright and the Misses Betty and Helen Fulton, and both the bride and groom were honored at a party given by Mrs. Lester Elliott and Mrs. Waldo Marsh.
Miss Weaver was a former resident of this city. She attended the Owen schools until her sophomore year in high school when she moved with her family to Stevens Point where she has since made her home.
She has many close friends in this community who are sincere in wishing her and her husband eternal happiness.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs