Surnames: Rienow, Tesmer, Hoffmann, Kind, Schwierske, Beechel, Feind, Frome, Graves, Baker, Behning, Prestin, Hafer
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 06/25/1942
Rienow, Doris (Marriage - 20 June 1942)
Miss Doris Rienow, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Fred C. Rienow, became the bride of Junior E. Tesmer, son of Mr. and Mrs. John F. Tesmer, at a ceremony performed by the Rev. O. Hoffmann, pastor of the Zion Ev. Lutheran church of Colby, Saturday afternoon at 4:00 o’clock at the home of the bride’s parents. Baskets of peonies and iris in the living room of the Rienow home provided the setting for the wedding ceremony. Miss Ruth Kind, cousin of the bride, and Frederick Schwierske attended the couple.
The bride was attired in a dusty rose silk jersey street-length dress with matching accessories. Her bouquet consisted of white carnations and baby’s breath. Her attendant wore a blue silk jersey frock with matching accessories and her bouquet consisted of pink carnations and baby’s breath.
About 30 guests attended the reception which followed at the Hotel Robinson which was decorated with peonies and iris and also a three tier wedding cake. Guests present were Mrs. John F. Tesmer, Mr. and Mrs. Woodrow Tesmer, Mr. and Mrs. Keith Beechel, Miss Irene Feind, Mr. and Mrs. Fred C. Rienow, Milford Frome, Rev. and Mrs. O. Hoffmann, and Frederick Schwierske, all of Colby, Mrs. C. B. Graves and daughter, Carolyn, Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Baker and son, Billy, of Ladysmith, Mr. and Mrs. Fred J. Rienow of Merrill, Mrs. Harold Behning of Greendale, Mr. and Mrs. W. R. Hafer, Kenneth and Marilyn, of Wauwatosa, Mrs. A. Kind and Ruth of Columbus and Mr. and Mrs. Robert Prestin and Carol of Abbotsford, Wis.
Both the bride and groom are graduates of Colby, Wis. High School. The bride is employed as assistant bookkeeper of the H. H. Motor Co., and the groom is co-manager of the Colby Oil Co. station.
Following a brief honeymoon in Northern Wis., the couple will continue to make their home in Colby, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs