Surnames: Johnson, Orth, Brady, Dolan, Hilber, Switlick
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 07/09/1942
Johnson, Doris (Marriage - 7 July 1942)
Miss Doris Johnson, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Carl H. Johnson of Abbotsford, Wis., and Joseph Orth, son of Mr. and Mrs. Conrad Orth of Colby, were united in marriage on Tuesday morning at 9:00 o’clock at St. Bernard’s Catholic church at Abbotsford, Wis., Rev. C. D. Brady performing the ceremony. The mass of the Immaculate Virgin was sung by the choir and a solo, "Ave Maria," was sung by Mrs. Clarence Dolan. The church was decorated with bouquets of Canterbury bells, baskets of tiger lilies and streamers along the pews.
The bride was gowned in white Faille designed in princess style with long fitted sleeves and a sweetheart neckline trimmed with ruching. Her white net veil fell from a seed pearl tiara and her bouquet consisted of Talisman roses.
Miss Ermine Orth, the maid of honor, was attired in baby blue silk chiffon with insets of lace, made with a fitted bodice and a full skirt in colonial style, and a hat to match. Her colonial bouquet consisted of roses and sweet peas. Lorris Johnson, twin brother of the bride, was best man.
After the ceremony, a wedding dinner and supper were served, and, in the evening, a wedding dance was given at Wiedenhoeft’s pavilion. The home was decorated with roses, lilies, Canterbury bells and blue and white streamers.
Among the guests from out of town were Mr. and Mrs. Leo Hilber of Schofield, Mr. and Mrs. George Orth, Dorothy Boldt and Mr. and Mrs. Tony Switlick of Cherokee, Mrs. Henry Johnson of Unity, Mr. and Mrs. Conrad Orth and family and Mr. and Mrs. N. M. Orth of Colby, Wis.
The bride is a graduate of the Abbotsford, Wis. High School, class of 1941. The groom is employed as cheesemaker by the Central Cheese Company at Pittsville where the couple will make their home.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs