BioM: Braun, Myrtle (1940)
Contact: Stan
Email: stan@wiclarkcountyhistory.org

Surnames: Braun, Regner, Kirsch

----Sources: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 10/31/1940

Braun, Myrtle (30 OCT 1940)

At 10 o’clock, Wednesday morning, Oct. 30, 1940, Myrtle L. Braun exchanged marriage vows with Dr. M.F. Regner, Jr., at Holy Angels Church, West Bend, Wis. Low mass was read by Father E. Staehling.

In the bridal party were Miss Ruth Regner, West Bend; Misses Beatrice and Iris Braun, bridesmaids; William Regner, best man, and Wilmer Kirsch and Frederick Regner, ushers.

The bride was attired in ivory brocaded taffeta made on princess lines and ending in a full train. Her veil of ivory tulle was fingertip length and fastened to a coronet of orange blossoms, and she carried a crescent shaped bouquet of white chrysanthemums.

The maid of honor was attired in fuchsia brocaded taffeta with matching headdress of ostrich plumes. Her colonial bouquet consisted of matching chrysanthemums.

Bridesmaids, similarly attired in grape wine brocaded taffeta and matching headdresses, carried colonial bouquets of baby chrysanthemums.

To complete their costumes, the maid of honor and bridesmaids wore tiny, gold crosses, the gift of the bride.

The bride’s mother attended the ceremony in a dubonnet crepe dress with black accessories, and the bridegroom’s mother was in black crepe. Both wore shoulder bouquets of rosebuds.

A wedding dinner was held at the Mayer Hotel, Port Washington, for the immediate relatives. In the afternoon a reception was held at the home of the bridegroom from three o’clock until five.

The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Gus Braun of this city (Owen, Clark Co., Wis.). She is a graduate of the Owen High School and St. Joseph’s School of Nursing, Marshfield, and has been employed for the past year at St. Joseph’s Hospital, Milwaukee.

Dr. Regner is a graduate of the West Bend High School and the University of Wis. School of Medicine. He is a first Lieutenant in the Medical Corps, and will be transferred to Camp Beauregard, La., the latter part of February, but now is temporarily located at Fort Sheridan, Ill.

Out of town guests were Mr. and Mrs. Frank Regner, Wausau; Mr. and Mrs. R. Braun, Junction City; Mr. and Mrs. Malcolm Capes, Milwaukee; Mrs. John Regner, Kenosha; George Brainard and family, Milwaukee; Mr. and Mrs. A. Manthey, Milwaukee; Mr. and Mrs. William Becker, Appleton; Dr. and Mrs. John Dorsch, Amherst; Mr. and Mrs. William Schneider, Prairie du Chein; Mr. and Mrs. C.J. Maury and family, Kenosha; and many friends and relatives of West Bend.

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE