Viola M. (1914 - 2007)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Johnson, Sass, Grindle
----Sources: Thorp Courier (Thorp, WI.) November 14, 2007
Johnson, Viola M. (October 21, 1914 - November 9, 2007)
Viola M. Johnson, age 93, longtime Town of Worden resident, passed away peacefully on November 9, 2007, at Our Lady of Victory Hospital, Stanley, WI.
Services were held on Monday, November 12, 2007, at 11:00 a.m. at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, Stanley, WI, with Pastor Linda Dutton officiating. Burial followed in the Eastside Cemetery, Stanley, WI. Friends and family called on Sunday evening from 4:00-7:00 p.m. at the Plombon Funeral Chapel, Stanley, WI. In lieu of flowers, the family requests that memorial donations be given to Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, Stanley, WI. Plombon Funeral Service assisted the family with arrangements.
Viola was born October 21, 1914, in Sauk County, WI, the daughter of Albert and Mata Sass. She grew up in the Reedsburg and Prescott area and later moved to the Town of Worden, rural Stanley. On March 14, 1934, she was united in marriage to Hans Johnson at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, Stanley, WI, and resided in the Town of Worden where they farmed. Upon their retirement, she moved to the city of Stanley and has resided there since. In their earlier years, Hans and Vi enjoyed fishing together, and Vi also enjoyed crocheting and playing cribbage. She was an active member of Our Savior’s Lutheran Church and the Ladies’ Aide for many years.
Viola is survived by one daughter, Beatrice Grindle of Stanley, WI; five granddaughters: Karen, Susan, Lisa, Denise and Amy; one grandson, Charles; ten great-grandchildren; two great-great-grandchildren; and one daughter-in-law, Diane Johnson of Alpha, MI.
Vi was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Hans, in 1985; one son, Alvin, in 2004; one son-in-law, Milton Grindle, in 2005; one brother, Norman Sass; and three sisters: Hulda, Hazel and Selma.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs