William Howard (1870 - 1943)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Linton, Goold, Volz, Heddon, Christenson, Longenecker
----Sources: The Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 8 July 1943
Linton, William Howard (23 Aug. 1870 - 1 July 1943)
William Howard Linton passed away at his home at 231 S. Hewett, Thursday morning at 8:30 on July 1. He was 73 years and 10 months old.
Mr. Linton was born to Thomas and Lida on August 23, 1870, in Mt. Ida, Wisconsin.
After completing school he farmed for some time and in Fennimore on July 1, 1890 he married Lottie Goold and to this union came their son Otto, who passed away 10 years ago, and daughter, Velma, Mrs. Robert Volz of the town of Washburn.
When a young man Mr. Linton worked for the railroad putting in about 10 years at the occupation. About thirty years ago he came to Clark County and farmed in the town of Washburn, where he served on the town board. After nearly 14 years on the farm, Mr. and Mrs. Linton moved to Neillsville and he was employed for ten years at Zimmerman Bros. and the Farmer’s store. He retired about six years ago.
He leaves his wife and daughter, 13 grandchildren, three-great-grandchildren, one brother, Harvey, of Eastman, two sisters, Mrs. R. G. Heddon of Pittsville and Mrs. Cora Christenson of Stoughton and many friends.
One sister, Clara, and one brother, Alvin, preceded him in death.
Mr. Linton had been in poor health for over two years and he went to his final rest on the morning of his 53rd wedding anniversary.
Funeral services were held Saturday at 2:00 p.m. at the Schiller-Terhune Funeral Home, with burial in the Neillsville Cemetery, the Rev. G. W. Longenecker officiating. The body lay in state at the Funeral home until the services. Rev. R. G. Heddon, a brother-in-law of the deceased and Congregational minister at Pittsville, offered prayer at the services.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs