BioM: Van Slett,
Marie L. #2 (1944)
Surnames: Van Slett, Allmann, Lang, Kauffman, Loos, Vanderhoof, Allain, Nelson
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 03/23/1944
Van Slett, Marie L. (Marriage - 16 Mar. 1944)
Miss Marie Van Slett, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Van Slett of Unity, Wisconsin became the bride of Cpl. Edward A. Allmann of Fort Miley, Calif., son of Mrs. Lillie Allmann of Colby, in a wedding ceremony performed at St. Mary’s rectory at Colby on Thursday, March 16th, at 9:30 A.M. by Rev. L. J. Lang.
For the occasion the bride wore a white ninon wedding gown, princess style, distinguished with a sweet heart neckline, long sleeves and a long train. A headdress of orange blossoms held her finger-tip veil and for jewelry she wore a gold necklace, a gift of the groom. She carried a bouquet of yellow roses, white carnations, and sweet peas.
His sister, Bernice, in a yellow chiffon frock made similar to the bride’s and matching headdress and blusher veil, wore a corsage of yellow roses and white sweet peas. A necklace of pearls, a gift of the groom, completed her costume.
Joe Van Slett, brother of the bride, was best man.
The mothers of both the bride and the groom wore flowered silk jersey dresses and corsages of red carnations and white sweet peas.
Following the ceremony breakfast was served at the home of the groom, and covers were laid for 30 guests at a two o’clock dinner at the home of the bride’s parents. The house was nicely decorated in green and white streamers, the table appointments matched, and a large wedding cake centered the table.
Guests were Miss Hazel Allmann of Milwaukee, Miss Ethel Kauffman of Abbotsford, Mrs. Elmo Van Slett of Wausau, Miss Lorraine Loos and Miss Roselyn Vanderhoof of Colby, Miss Evanna Allain and Mr. and Mrs. Thorwald Nelson of Marshfield.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs