Surnames: Stettler, Weller, Grether, Kastroff, Schmidt, Hoffman, Ratz, Kallbrugger, Herald, Kammellor, Planh
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 09/14/1944
Stettler, Loretta (Marriage - 9 Sept. 1944)
Miss Loretta Stettler, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Victor Stettler, and George H. Weller, son of Mr. and Mrs. Fred Weller, exchanged marriage vows at the First Evangelical and Reformed church Saturday, September 9th, at 2:00 P.M., Rev. D. Grether reading the marriage ceremony. Miss Olive Stettler, cousin of the bride, was maid of honor and Mrs. John Kastroff, sister of the groom, was bridesmaid. The groom was attended by John Stettler, brother of the bride, as best man and Harold Schmidt. The bride was given in marriage by her father. The church was nicely decorated with garden flowers.
The bride was attired in a gown of white satin and chiffon with sweetheart neckline and a long chiffon train. Her veil of English rayon net with Chantilly lace was held in place with a tiara of seed pearls. Her bouquet consisted of white lilies. The maid of honor wore a dress of pink satin with chiffon skirt and her corsage consisted of pink and white gladiolas. The bridesmaid wore a dress of blue taffeta and net and her corsage also consisted of pink and white gladiolas.
Dinner was served at the church parlors for approximately 60 guests. A reception was given at the home of the bride’s parents.
The couple will make their home on the groom’s farm at Colby, route two.
Out of town people here for the wedding were Mr. and Mrs. Henry Hoffman and family of Postville, Iowa, Mrs. John Kastroff of Fond du Lac, Mr. and Mrs. Max Stettler and daughters, Ruth and Harriet, Mr. and Mrs. Elmer Ratz, Mrs. Ernest Kallbrugger, Mrs. Henry Herald, and Mr. and Mrs. Vincent Kammellor, all of Fountain City, and Mrs. Ed Planh of Cochrane, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs