Helen G. #2 (1944)
Surnames: Johnson, Ayer, Lambert, Wisnosky
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 10/19/1944
Johnson, Helen G. (Marriage - 14 Oct. 1944)
Mr. and Mrs. John Johnson of Unity announce the marriage of their daughter, Helen G. Johnson, to Melvin W. Ayer of Spencer, son of Mr. and Mrs. Walter Ayer of the same community, which took place Saturday afternoon at 2 o’clock in the parsonage of the Lutheran church at Veefkind. The Rev. Lloyd Lambert officiated at the double-ring ceremony.
The bridal party further included the groom’s sister, Miss Elaine Ayer, maid of honor; the bride’s sisters, Misses Verna and Vivian Johnson, bridesmaids; the bride’s brother, Walter Johnson, best man, and the groomsmen, Donald Wisnosky, a cousin of the groom, and Roy Johnson.
The bride’s gown had a full skirt of white net, appliquéd with satin, and a bodice with sweetheart neckline and the three-quarter length sleeves. Her finger-tip veil of white illusion, edged with wide lace, was caught to a high headdress of seed pearls. White gladioli and pink and white roses formed her bouquet and pearls were her only jewelry.
All of the bride’s attendants wore chiffon frocks with matching blusher veils, and carried colonial bouquets. Miss Ayer was in yellow, Miss Verna Johnson in blue, and Miss Vivian Johnson in pink.
Streamers of pink, blue, yellow, and white wedding bells decorated the home of the bride’s parents, where about 85 relatives and friends were to be entertained at a 6:30 o’clock reception and supper. A wedding cake centered the bride’s table. A wedding dance was held at Wiedenhoeft’s in the evening.
After a short wedding trip the couple will reside in Spencer, where the bride owns and operates a beauty shop. She took a beautician’s course at Wausau after graduating from the Unity, Wis. High School. The groom, who has been engaged in farming, is also a graduate of the Unity, Wis. High School.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs