BioM: Van Slett,
Surnames: Van Slett, Meyers, Bienkowski, Allmann, Scheel
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 08/16/1945
Van Slett, Berneice (Marriage - 8 Aug. 1945)
Miss Berneice Van Slett, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Van Slett of Unity, and Russell Meyers, RM, second class, son of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Meyers of Colby, exchanged marriage vows in a double ring wedding service read at St. Mary’s Catholic church at Colby Wednesday, August 8th, at 9:00 A.M., Rev. Francis Bienkowski officiating.
For her wedding the bride wore an entrained white satin gown styled with a net overskirt and a finger tip veil of illusion caught to a beaded headdress. For jewelry she wore a bracelet, a gift of the groom, and her flowers were long stemmed pink roses arranged in a shower bouquet.
Mrs. Edward Allmann of Wausau, a sister of the bride, in a blue lace and net frock and matching bonnet, was matron of honor, while Miss Grace Scheel of Colby, in an identical costume, was bridesmaid. Both carried colonial bouquets of white carnations and orchid colored sweet peas, and wore necklaces, gifts of the bride and groom.
Orville Van Slett, of Unity, a brother of the bride, was best man, and Russell Van Slett, of Unity, another brother, groomsman.
Mrs. Van Slett wore a flowered crepe dress with fuchsia accessories and the bridegroom’s mother was attired in a black dress with white accessories. Both wore corsages of roses.
Following the ceremony a wedding breakfast was served to the bridal party at the Meyers home while dinner and supper were served to 35 guests at the Van Slett residence, decorated in a blue and white color scheme and bouquets of garden flowers. A wedding dance was held at the Wiedenhoeft park.
Both the bride and the groom were graduated from the Unity, Wis. High School, the latter now being home on leave from Navy service.
Mrs. Elmo Van Slett, of Wausau, came for the wedding.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs