BioM: Carpenter, Margaret (1946)
Contact: Stan

Surnames: Carpenter, Adrian, Hauer, Riordan, Braun, Brodda

----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 10/03/1946

Carpenter, Margaret (Marriage - 28 Sept. 1946)

Repeating nuptial vows at 10 a.m. Saturday in St. Joseph church, Fond du Lac, before the Rev. Henry G. Riordan, Miss Margaret Carpenter, prominent in music circles of Fond du Lac, became the bride of Sylvester F. Adrian of Montello, formerly of Colby, a member of a well known Fond du Lac family. Miss Ruth Hauer played the organ music and was accompanist for Mrs. Leo P. Braun and Mrs. P. H. Brodda who sang the mass. Mrs. Braun’s offeratory solo was Gounod’s "Ave Maria."

Winter white wool fashioned the two-piece costume suit worn by the bride with a matching hat, black accessories and a corsage of natural orchids. Attendants were Mr. and Mrs. Miles Adrian of Fond du Lac, brother and sister in law of the bridegroom. Mrs. Adrian’s two-piece suit of fern green wool was complemented with black. She wore a feathered hat of black and a corsage of tea roses.

Breakfast in the Hotel Retlaw was served to 50 guests and after the ceremony a reception for 150 relatives and friends was held from 2 to 4 p.m. in the civic room of the hotel.

Following a trip to northern Wisconsin the couple will reside at Montello where Mr. Adrian is operator of a resort. Mrs. Adrian, daughter of Mrs. Zoa Carpenter, 141 Hamilton place, has been engaged in private piano teaching in Fond du Lac for a number of years.

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE