Obit: Harris, Fredrick Linwood (1873 - 1946)

Contact: Stan  

Surnames: Harris, Miller, Penn, Pierce, Wigstadt

----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 07/04/1946

Harris, Fredrick Linwood (9 May 1873 - 25 June 1946)

Fredrick Linwood Harris, age 73, died at the home of his son, Linwood Harris, of Colby route 1, at 9:30 P.M. Tuesday, June 25th. His death was due to a stroke and heart failure. Funeral services were held at the Salem Evangelical church at Dorchester Saturday afternoon at 2:00 p.m., Rev. V. R. Miller officiating. Burial was made in the Evergreen cemetery at Medford.

Mr. Harris was born at Omro, Wis., on May 9th, 1873. He received his education in the Medford schools and helped his father on his 80-acre farm northwest of Medford. He and his father planted the beautiful evergreens around the courthouse, at Medford, which remain as a monument to the men who planted them many years ago.

His knowledge and love of trees also prompted him to plant and care for an experimental orchard for the State College of Agriculture for 16 years.

He was married to Mabel Alice Penn on June 23, 1904, at Coal City, Ill. They have been making their home with their son at Colby for the past 15 months. He was a member of the Methodist church at Medford.

Surviving are his wife and six children, Mrs. Roy Pierce, Campbellsport, Wis.; Linwood, S. Harris, at home; Mrs. Louis Wigstadt, of Dorchester, route 1; Mrs. Arlie *** Note: The rest of the article was missing and was not available at the time of transcription.

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE