BioM: Rahn, Wanda Bruyl (1946)
Surnames: Rahn, Behringer, Seeluth, Hamm, Neitzel, Leffel
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 01/09/1947
Rahn, Wanda Bruyl (Marriage - 27 Dec. 1946)
A mid-holidays wedding was performed on the 27th of December at St. Mary’s Catholic church in the town of Holway, Taylor county, when Miss Wanda Bruyl Rahn, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Charles Rahn of Owen, became the bride of Arthur Behringer of Colby, Wisconsin. Father Seeluth of Stetsonville performed the double-ring ceremony at 9:30 a.m.
Walking to the altar, the bride was dressed in a gown of excure brocade satin with a full circular fingertip veil having a wide pattern of appliquéd lace. The bridal attics was a headpiece of traditional pearlized orange blossoms. With her custom, the bride wore a pearl necklace and carried a white prayer book and a white rosary.
Attending the couple were Patsy Hamm of Owen as maid of honor, Mrs. Bill Neitzel of Colby as bridesmaid, Leo Leffel as best man and Bill Neitzel of Colby as groomsman.
The maid of honor was dressed in a powder blue gown and the bridesmaid was dressed in an identical gown of yellow. Their headpieces were of matching velvet ribbon. Their corsages consisted of white lilies and white, yellow and blue carnations.
The groom, best man and groomsman wore dark brown suits with carnation boutonnieres.
The breakfast was served at the bride’s home following the wedding. A wedding dinner was served at 2:00 o’clock at the Riverside Hotel in Medford to about forty guests. A dance was held at the Merry Ol’ Gardens in the evening.
The bride is a graduate of the Dorchester High School with the class of 1942. The groom completed his education by attending vocational school at Chippewa Falls.
Mr. and Mrs. Behringer are residing east of Colby where they purchased a tavern.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs